Feb 18, 2011

The Golden Babbler ( Stachyris chrysaea ) 10 - 12 cm

This little bird ( a pair of them actually) tested my patience and 'staying power' to the limits! My determination to sight and photograph them is without doubt of apex importance. These are not everyday birds. To encounter them and listen to their calls was in itself a bonus of sorts. 

I spent a full 45 minutes just focused at getting the birds to show themselves and provide me the photo opportunity. It also meant imitating their call to try and coax them to come out of hiding. They were in the mood to whistle and whistle they did, non stop! A good 45 minutes later one of them put up enough courage to fly out of it's hiding place to perch on a branch some 20 yards of so from where I stood. I took in 5 frames with my camera before it decided it was enough 'exposure' and flew away.  

Here are three of the photos for sharing below.





Have a great weekend! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment